Thursday 29 May 2014

Sweet Temptation - Figs on a Branch

I already mentioned in my previous post that I was going for this larger painting of figs. Due to other projects running in parallel it took me quite a few days to finish it, but I like it very much. The freshness of the figs on the branch, against the blue sky that filters between the big green leaves is very inviting! And these are indeed a very sweet temptation during summer in Greece (and in all Mediterranean countries I believe), but you have to think seriously about the risks before having too many of them! As summer is going to start in just a few days, I wish you a sweet time! The painting is about 10x7 inches, and it is done with Winsor & Newton and Daniel Smith watercolors on Waterford 140 lb CP paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment