Monday 18 January 2016

Mandarin Oranges studies

Yesterday evening while I was considering having some fruits for dinner, while looking at a bag with mandarin oranges they were also "asking" to be painted. So, I just put some of them in front of me and worked directly with the brush on paper, with no preliminary drawing. And it was fun to do! I started first with very light washes to establish the main shapes and, after a few layers of paints, here are the results:

7x5 inches, Saunders Waterford 90 lb CP paper, Mandarin Oranges 01




5x7 inches, Arches 140 lb HP paper, Mandarin Oranges 02

4 comments:

  1. These are very nice! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely job on both of these!! The compositions are nicely done. I have what we call clementines here, which I think are almost the same as mandarin oranges...but they don't sell them with leaves attached.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joan! These are picked up directly from the tree, and they last longer in the fridge if they have a few leaves.

      Delete