Sunday 17 January 2016

Red Pea (Lathyrus cicera) study

While in the village for the winter holidays, the weather was so nice, almost like spring! During my walks I was continuously looking around for little flowers, and kind of disappointed not to see any yet - usually they start to appear by the end of January. Thus I run to my reference photos taken during previous spring, and here it comes another Red Pea (Lathyrus cicera) study. Painting size is ~7x5 inches, and it is done with my usual watercolor palette (a mixture of Winsor & Newton, Daniel Smith and American Journey) on Saunders Waterford 90 lb CP paper.



p.s. This is the 3rd study I do of this little wildflower, and most probable is I won't stop here...

1 comment:

  1. Lovely tiny flower...your veining is so good! I like the diffused flowers in the background too. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete