Friday 13 September 2013

Three Tulips

Flowers always attracted me, and I love to paint them! While I wanted to test a bit more the behavior of the Arches 140 lb HP paper, which has a very smooth surface and behaves completely different to water and paint, I came across with this beautiful tulips and immediately start to paint it. The Three Tulips painting is 7x10 inch.

When I finished this one, I recalled another Tulip Trio painting that I did when I started painting, back in 2002. It was one of the very few paintings that I considered as "good enough" at that time, and I was proud of it back then and I still like it, although now I can detect some mistakes, and I would have done a few things differently. I would like to share that one with you too, so here is the "beginner" Tulip Trio:
Thank you for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment