Friday 4 July 2014

Tropical Milkweed (Asclepias curassavica) ACEO

During the last weeks I did not manage to participate in the Weekend Drawing Events (WDE) at WetCanvas forum, and I was missing it, especially when looking at the beautiful photos shared by the hosts all over the world. Previous week host, tyree, invited us to paint along with her in Florida! I liked very much the photo with the tropical milkweed flower and buds, and I decided to do a small painting as I didn't had much time for a larger painting. It happen that just a day after tyree posted the photo, I saw one of these plants growing up under a tree on my street! One more reason to paint it. So, the painting is very small, of only 3.5x2.5 inches (ACEO size), and it is done with my usual watercolors (combination of W&N, Daniel Smith and American Journey) on Waterford 140 lb CP paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment